July 21, 2011
Os X Lion Waiting FIX
Hello, sorry for the off topic post – but I feel as if this will aid some of those in the community who are unable to download Mac OS X Lion due to the internal server errors. This is a work around and therefore requires the following: **You must have another app which requires an update** ** If you don’t scroll to the bottom for another option**
If you notice, when you click install, and the “waiting…” becomes stuck, in the purchased tab, the OS X Lion install button has returned, the mac app store app failed to deliver the server error. Canceling the download from the dock does nothing, but it is no longer attempting to download. The Fix:
Complete the following steps:
1. Relaunch Mac App store (force quit if necessary)
2. Navigate to “Purchased” tab
3. If it says no purchases have been made, you do not have to follow step 4.
4. If it displays the apps you have purchased, log out of your app store account. Restart your mac if necessary.
5. Navigate to updates and attempt to update an application(without logging in yet)
6. A pop up will open asking you to log in. Do so. (I used wunderlist for my app update)
7. It should give you an internal server error, the update has failed.
8. Navigate to the purchased tab, click install on OS X Lion. The download should begin.
And of course the process continues…
If this does not work, and you require further assistance, please contact Apple Support via phone. I am not associated Apple, and have made this work around tutorial to aid fellow mac users in their attempt to download Lion successfully.
*I tend to believe that this is achieved from logging in via another area, or possibly that the internal server error must be received from some other area.
If this does not work, the download begins and then stops, or you do not have an app which requires updating:
This may or may not require a restart. Delete the file located in /Library/Caches/com.apple.itunesstored **this does not work in all instances